- 1. How can I backup my personal emails?More
The following program is a great way to backup your personal emails on your Windows computer. If you store large amounts of your email online, it is a good practice to periodically make backups of your emails to your local computer and/or external hard drive to protect your data. Mailstore supports nearly every email format that exists, so whether you are using Thunderbird, Outlook, Gmail, Exchange Server, etc, it should be able to connect and make backups.
Mailstore Download Page:
How to use Mailstore:
Mailstore Home Page:
Users of Microsoft Outlook products can also use Outlook’s built-in export functions:
Outlook 2002 to 2007:
- 2. How can I prevent Viruses/Malware/Spyware from infecting my computer when I am online?More
If you are running Windows, the following general advice will help keep your computer from becoming infected with the various malware and viruses on the net:
Turn on Windows Automatic Updates – make sure your computer always has the latest updates from Microsoft as soon as possible.
Download a virus scanner
Free versions are available from (not an exhaustive list):
All Microsoft Windows users with licensed copies of Windows are able to download and use Microsoft Security Essentials for free.
Keep your virus scanner up-to-date, both the program itself and its definition files
Set or manually run a full system virus scan at least once a week.
Keep your software up-to-date, especially Java, Adobe products (Acrobat Reader, etc) and Microsoft Office (Automatic Updates will usually keep Office up-to-date)
Internet Explorer (Windows Update should offer the latest version, latest updates)
Download Latest Firefox Browser
Download Latest Google Chrome Browser
Download Latest Safari Browser
Download Latest Opera Browser
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (It’s free for manual scans!), and make a habit of scanning your computer with it at least once a week.
Never open an email attachment or click any links in an email when you don’t know the sender OR if it is from a financial institution. Whenever possible, directly type in your online banking website address directly into your web browser’s address bar (not the Google/Bing/Yahoo search bar!).
Never tell anyone your passwords
Never re-use any of your passwords for other accounts.
Make sure every password you use is unique to each login/service and difficult to guess. Generally speaking, at least eight characters long, not a dictionary word, includes at least one number and one capital letter and one symbol (example: hTjg6@jm) <– do not use this example, create your own unique password
Setup your email to use secure logins (SSL/TLS). If you are an eve, Inc. customer, contact me for specific directions on how to do this. Include your domain name and mail client (Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Thunderbird, etc), and I will provide customized instructions for you.
- 3. What web-related technologies can you provide assistance with?More
eve, Inc. can help you troubleshoot/install/configure the following: (list is not exhaustive)
- ASP Classic
- VB Script
- Flat File
- CGI applications
Services Not Available
- E-Commerce (except for basic troubleshooting of existing systems)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 4. What is the difference between a weak and strong password?More
When choosing a password you should avoid the following:
- Using a very common password, such as “password”, “123456” and “qwerty” for example.
- Using short passwords. The password should be at least six characters long.
- Using a dictionary word for a password.
- Using identical password for different services, for example for other e-mail services, for forum registrations, for online banking etc.
- Using passwords all in upper-case or all in lower-case letters. It is a good practice to use both upper- and lower-case letters in the password, as well as other characters, such as a hyphen, a dot, an underscore and digits.
- Using repeating characters, for example having passwords like “1111qqqq”.
- Using passwords containing characters that are located next to one another on the keyboard, for example asdfgh, 654321, qweasd etc.
- Using passwords similar to the username, for example having username/password combination such as webmaster/webmaster12
- 5. Do you support Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10?More
Internet Explorer versions older than 11 are not officially supported in projects.